Catch me if you can!

So last week, Tiffany, my Albino Cockatiel flew out the door again! The maid was just about to walk in through the door and I was getting ready to make breakfast. The moment I opened the door, Vanitha my maid, bent to pick up the garbage cans, and Tiffy who was already circling the entrance way, flapped her wings playfully, took full advantage of the opened crack at the door, and flew out. This was the second such incident. 

The only thing I saw last, was the direction in which she flew, and I knew she wanted me to find her now. Her trajectory has always been upwards, as she still feels it's like suicide if she tries to jump down from any balconies- and that's all I knew. This time around, she didn't whistle and I couldn't hear her as well. I took a deep breath, wore my sports shoes and walked around the campus twice already, trying to locate white bird wings!

What I saw was hilarious! She sat on the top most floor of the adjacent block within the apartment, gazing down at me and responded to my claps while I shouted out "Tiffy! You're troubling me now! Come back!". I took the elevator to the block's 13th floor, only to bump into labourers who were just preparing to begin work on the refurbishment of the penthouse, and seeing me enter the home filled with rubble, only startled them a bit. They told me they had seen a white bird sit on the top floor, and a kind man pointed to the direction so as to guide me towards her. 

What I'm about to tell you now is the most comic episode of my life! 

Tiffy sat on the edge of the balcony on the railings, overlooking the misty morning in Bangalore and had just seen an amazing view of this part of town..and as I walked closer towards her, she tried to flap her wings as if "Hold it right there, or else!" 😂..as if to take me hostage! 

That was funny, coz I knew she couldn't jump, so I started talking with her.."Tiffy! It's so beautiful! Wow what a lovely view you have!" She acknowledged with a short "chaaw".. the labourers standing behind me giggled.. trying to figure out how this suicide would go! I just wasn't sure how this would end but had to think fast!

I turned to the guys behind me and asked them to shout "Yes" to me to the question I was going to ask them first.."Do you want Chai..? Do you? How many cups?".. and they all laughed and joking nodded "Yes yes... " Of course very unconvincingly. Our lady had heard this clearly- our chai related conversation. That's when I looked straight at her and asked "Tiffy! Do you want Chai as well?" And she chirped shyly.. "Chaaw"! 😎

That did it! 

"Okay, come, then let's go make two cups of chai, one for Tiffy and one for me... should we go?".

"Chaaw" came the answer, and as I gently placed my palm to collect her from the railing, she tiptoed slowly and wrapped her toes around my finger firmly. I held her close to my chest, not gripping her too tight but strong enough to let her know that we're soulmates, and that our lives are now intertwined. I kissed her gently and we kept chatting as we took the elevator down and returned home. There's one thing I realised for sure- Never give up on those you love most!

Our love has only compounded ever since.. ❤️

Comments

Nisha said…
Wow 😮 The narrative is beautiful.Its perhaps your love for the 🐦 that has helped I'm sure Tiffany too must have enjoyed the'chai'
Unknown said…
Beautiful written Munira. Can hear all your emotions in this...
Unknown said…
I tried narrating it the same way you did to Aish the day it happened but nothing compares. What a life lesson
Nirmala Naik said…
Awww.. That's a so sweet.. Tiffy is a stress buster and your relationship with her makes the world more beautiful, Munira..❤️

Very well written.. 👍

Now, I am gonna read it again as I sip my 'Chaaw'😉
Wow! So finally Tiffany is back👍🏻
Shri said…
Well written Munira...nicely narrated..
Nice one Munira I could totally relate myself with Tiffy as we rescued a baby bulbul recently. I miss her she didn't survive more than a week. But anyways, next time I'll take few tips from you 🙂😃
Unknown said…
Beautiful narrative.

Unknown said…
Nice read Munira :)
Unknown said…
This is beautiful Munira - such a sweet story - Theresa
Unknown said…
Very visual writing. Beautifully expressed
Unknown said…
Wow, this shows the bonding you both have. Glad that Tiffy is back..
This is awesome....very nicely described.
Lloyd said…
Amazing narration Munira. Your bond and love with Tiffy is impressive 😊
Learner said…
Very beautiful narration. Thoroughly enjoyed reading it.
Praveentifosi said…
Very nice and great writing... Awesome!
Pawan Raj said…
I want to say aww... But I don't want to sound girly.... But surely a aww moment
Unknown said…
Beautiful lines munira bhabhi ❣


!!!
Love tiffany 💕
Karthik said…
Very well described Munira. Loved it ❤️
Munira said…
Thank you all for your comments and lovely notes! Roops, sorry to hear about the bulbul that didn't survive.. I'll be writing some more interesting stories about both Tiffany and Robin ❤️.
RAJSEKHAR said…
It was a pleasure reading.. and a cutie Tiffany (urf.. Hawa Hawaii)