Writing, reading and reasoning- a little bit of Sufism

As I read the Contemporary Book of World Poetry while spending time at home as we socially distance ourselves, read these touching lines and scribbled the same in my note book. 
Translation:
They may be ecstatic in their boundlessness,
Just tell me, where am I?

Taken from a Ghazal Ramooz-e-Ishq by Abida Parveen.

Translation:
You keep complaining about strangers,
But I have tried acquaintances too,
People tread carefully and complain about thorns,
We'll, I've been hurt by flowers too..

Makaam uska hai dil ki khilwaton mein
Khuda jaaney makaam-e-dil kahaan hai...

Mein Sufi hu, Sarmastah...

Translation:
The abode of the almighty is in the innermost heart..
But God knows where the heart's abode is..

I'm an ecstatic mystic..

Taken from a Ghazal by Abida Parveen


Maybe it's nice after all, to write poems.
You sit in your room
And the walls grow taller.
Colors deepen.
A blue kerchief becomes a deep well.
- Dahlia Ravikovitch

Comments

Most searched post